This year the CMTA is celebrating its 35th anniversary. In this special edition of The CMTA Report, go back in time with us and learn about some of the milestones that have shaped the CMTA. We’ve dug into the archives and adapted articles that have appeared in past issues of The CMTA Report. We hope you enjoy seeing how far we’ve come and how it has been you, our partners in the CMT community, that have made all of this progress possible.
- The First Gathering for People with CMT Took Place in 1983
- CMTA Advisory Board Member James Lupski, MD, PhD, Identifies Gene That Causes CMT1A
- National Institutes of Health Establishes Rare Disease Clinical Research Network
- Community Leaders Form Support Groups for CMT Patients and Families
- Board Members Step Up to Fund the CMTA’s Mission
- The Strategy to Accelerate Research (STAR) is Launched with the Mission to Cure CMT
- The STAR Advisory Board Propels CMT Research
- $150,000 35th Anniversary Research Challenge Match
- Camp Footprint Provides Fun and Friendship for Teens with CMT
- The CMTA Celebrates the Life of Pat Dreibelbis
- Remember Archy, the CMTA Kids Mascot?
- STAR is Working
- CMTA Celebrates Its First CMT Awareness Week—Then Awareness Month!
Download your copy now: The_2018_CMTA_Report_35th_Anniversary_Edition.pdf
About The CMTA Report:
Published quarterly, each edition of The CMTA Report provides information about CMT research, articles to help you live better with CMT and updates from the community. A full archive of previous editions is available here.